After all, I am a pro.

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

For As To Keep Thee

You are hidden here,
Among these pages,
Because I love thee.
So, I shall keep thee.

For I know no other way
To keep thee.

So paper and ink shall keep thee.
Because paper and ink keep me.

In amongst the rips and tears,
Of these yellowed pages,
I shall find thee.
Hidden in plain sight.
For as to remind me,
That you are gone.

Gone from me.
Like that summer day,
Woefully out of reach-
As I mourn this winter storm.

I feel only one thing for you today,
Strangely.

I miss you.
I miss you like the upturned leaf misses the rain,
Raw and exposed. And waiting.

But the rain will never come.
Because this little leaf was torn away
And blown into the desert.

Raw and exposed and alone.
Poor little leaf.
She can't help but wait.

And yearn.
And miss.

And so today?
Today. I shall miss you.


March 31, 2014 

No comments:

Post a Comment