After all, I am a pro.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Just a Little More

Here’s the thing about always thinking; the thing about always having an open mind, an open opinion. All the while as you’re sitting there thinking to yourself, “oh I hope I make it home first so I don’t hold her up because I know how she gets annoyed”, she’s already forgotten and made other plans. All the while, of every day, you sit there and think, and you think some more. You go that stupid fucking extra mile every time because now it’s just second nature to you when no one notices. No one even takes a second glance. It’s when you say, real cheery too, “Good morning ma’am! How are you doing this fine day?” and all the bitch can reply is “I have bags.” You sit back and you sigh while a little more of your faith in humanity is pissed away. All over recyclable bags.

The kicker? This thing, this “always being aware and considerate of others” never goes away. You still try. You still smile. But no one ever bothers to notice just how empty and hollow it has become.

No comments:

Post a Comment